Cancun Airport COVID-19 Information
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which causes more than just a cold. In some cases, it can present complications and trigger other conditions.
WHO declared the COVID-19 pandemic on January 30, 2020. From the beginning of the declaration, several health measures were decreed to protect the world's population.
Nowadays, due to vaccination and new treatments, the number of infections has decreased, and in some countries, sanitary protocols are less strict. However, to safeguard travelers' health, basic protective measures for visiting each country persist.
What are the COVID-19 protection measures for travel to Mexico?
No conditions, tests, or other special requirements are strictly needed to visit Mexico.
What COVID-19 protection measures are needed to visit other countries?
In some countries, special protective measures are still in place. When traveling to another country, such as the USA, check the travel restrictions and requirements for COVID-19 testing. Checking with the airline for international travel policies regarding virus status is advisable.
Due to travel restrictions in different countries, the Cancun International Airport has COVID-19 tests available for all travelers who require them for their international flights.
More information about COVID-19 Mobile Test Units at Cancún Airport
Location and Hours
- Available modules: Terminals 2, 3 and 4.
- Operation hours: 6:00 to 21:00 hrs.
- Antigen tests cost $17 USD ($290 MXN).
- Antigen test results take approximately 30 minutes.
- PCR tests cost approximately 100 USD ($2000 MXN).
- Results take 24 to 48 hours.
Other aspects to consider
- Online registrations are not available.
- It is important to arrive at the airport early enough to take the test and get your results in approximately 30 minutes. This way, you can do your check-in and documentation on time.